Data Management Consultant/Specialist
Kaiser Permanente, San Diego, CA
- Débloquez le salaire estimé*
Includes design, testing, implementation, control and maintenance of organization's logical and relational databases across platforms and computing environments.
- Project Management: Manages large, complex projects using budgeting and financial tracking controls.
- Develops project structure and approach with minimal statement of objective.
- Provides project reporting to project sponsor.
- Meta Data Repository: Recommends strategies for the development of data definitions and meta data structures for information repository and the performance of model management activities ensuring proper alignment with organizational goals and industry directions.
- Data Design (logical): Develops high-level information architecture and ensures that the high-level business requirements are met through successful completion of tactical/strategic projects.
- Represents Kaiser in industry standards agencies and assures incorporation of industry standards across information management projects.
- Database Development (physical): Develops high-level database architectures and ensures that database designs are consistent with information architecture and information management and industry standards.
- Database Performance: Establishes database performance criteria and thresholds.
- Communications: Prepares research, prepares technical studies and makes recommendations.
- Prepares business requirements reports, feasibility studies, and cost justification statements.
- Articulates information management direction to IT department and to management.
- Technology Evaluation: Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost-effective database solution for the systems' design at the enterprise level.
- Methodologies and Standards: Evaluates methodologies/standards for fit with enterprise information architecture.
- Database Management and Support Tools: Recommends and evaluates management and support tools that fit with enterprise architecture.
- Recommend changes to architecture to accommodate tools as needed.
- Client Consulting: Consults with clients and development areas in the design and implementation of large, complex database solutions.
- Consults with IT staff and clients to determine the impact of new or revised applications on information infrastructure.
- Represents client perspective for the development of information management strategy and acts as a consultant to management.
- Training / Mentoring: Coaches staff in consulting skills and information management skills and approaches.
- Identifies skill sets that need to be developed.
- Performs formal training.
- Data Transformation: Oversees the integration of data transformation in the overall architecture.
- Represents Kaiser in industry standard agencies and ensures incorporation of these standards across KP-IT supported projects.
- Database Maintenance: Consults with management and develops database troubleshooting policies, procedures, methodologies, standards and practices.
- Evaluates and selects tools in conjunction with staff.
- Provides in-depth consulting to management and staff at the highest level in the identification and resolution of major database problems or difficulties.
- Suggests elements of database redesign to resolve problems as needed.
- Leads internal/external resources in second level severity problem resolutions.
- Minimum ten (10) years of related experience in design, testing, implementation, control and maintenance of organization's logical and relational databases across platforms and computing environments.
- Bachelor's degree in related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Advanced knowledge (broad expertise or unique knowledge) of policies, practices and systems.
- Develops advanced concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Develops new applications based on professional principles and theories.
- Viewed as functional expert in field within KP.
- Applies advanced principles, theories, and concepts.
- Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas.
Primary Location: California,San Diego,California Service Center - Rio S.D. 8954 Rio San Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon - Fri Working Hours Start: 8:00 AM Working Hours End: 5:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt Job Level: Individual Contributor Job Category: Information Technology Department: MAS&S Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Click here for additional requirements >
Les estimations de salaire Experteer proposent pour les offres en ligne la valeur de marché estimée par Experteer. Il ne s'agit pas d'informations indiquées par les recruteurs mais d'estimations réalisées par Experteer en se basant sur les données du marché.
Les estimations de salaire Experteer prennent en considération de nombreuses données internes et externes. Cependant, par rapport aux salaires versés par les entreprises, l'estimation de salaire Experteer peut varier de plus ou moins 15%, voire plus, dans certains cas particuliers.
L'estimation de salaire Recruteur sert de référence. Le salaire qui sera versé finalement par l'entreprise dépendra de différents facteurs tels que l'expérience et les compétences des candidats.